The social and emotional well being of a student is essential in order for them to succeed academically.
This site is intended to share community resources and information, websites, curriculum and current guidance news.
Hello, My name is Noreen Hopkins and I’m excited to be the school counselor at Hardwick Elementary! I enjoy working in elementary and middle school, and find the work highly rewarding. My hope is to build connections with students and families, and make every child feel seen, valued, and included. I value collaboration so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If your student is struggling for any reason, I am available to speak with you about your concerns. If you have questions about school and/or community resources please call me at 802-472-5411 x2596 or email me at email@example.com.
I currently live in Woodbury with my partner, and my two children. We have two dogs, 2 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, and some fish. We love being outdoors. In recent years we have developed a passion for canoe camping. We’ve paddled multiple rivers in Vermont, and over 65 miles along the Allagash Wilderness Waterway up in Maine. We have hopes to paddle more rivers in Canada and out west in years to come, and our dream is to make it to the Yukon!
The mission of the Hardwick Elementary School counseling program is to provide a comprehensive developmental program that addresses the personal, social, academic and career needs of all students. Working in partnership with other educators, parents and the community to promote success in school, while encouraging empathetic, critical thinking and responsible citizens in a global society.
Guidance Services Include:
- Classroom education for ALL students
- Small group support - Issues including: changing families, stress/anxiety, friendship, loss, social skills, self-esteem, empathy, etc.
- Individual counseling meetings with students
- Mediating conflicts (between students, parents and/or teachers)
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Consulting with parents, teachers, and other community based professionals to promote student learning and well-being
- Coordinating school-wide prevention efforts
- Creating a safe and positive school climate for all students
- Supporting the placement and transition of new students
- Supporting students with social, emotion and behavioral needs
The Hardwick Elementary School counseling program aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model for Comprehensive School Counseling