The social and emotional well being of a student is essential in order for them to succeed academically.
This site is intended to share community resources and information, websites, curriculum and current guidance news.
Welcome to the Hardwick Elementary School website! My name is Pam Cushman and I am excited to be working as the elementary school guidance counselor here at the Hardwick Elementary School. I love working with children and being an advocate for their well being!
A Bit About Me
For the last 5 years I worked at the Danville School as the elementary school counselor. Before becoming a school guidance counselor I was in elementary education for 14 years. During that time I taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. I received 2 Bachelor degrees from Johnson State College, one Elementary Education and one in Anthropology and Sociology. I also received my Masters degree in Counseling at Johnson State College.
I am married and live in Morrisville. I have 2 boys named Colby and Tucker. I enjoy being outside as much as possible. I have always had a passion for hiking and am proud to say I have hiked the whole Long Trail! Working in my gardens brings me great joy and satisfaction. My husband and I built our own house and recently built a zero carbon footprint home and a shipping container home! There is never a shortage of projects to do around the house!
The mission of the Hardwick Elementary School counseling program is to provide a comprehensive developmental program that addresses the personal, social, academic and career needs of all students. Working in partnership with other educators, parents and the community to promote success in school, while encouraging empathetic, critical thinking and responsible citizens in a global society.
Guidance Services Include:
- Classroom education for ALL students
- Small group support - Issues including: changing families, stress/anxiety, friendship, loss, social skills, self-esteem, empathy, etc.
- Individual counseling meetings with students
- Mediating conflicts (between students, parents and/or teachers)
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Consulting with parents, teachers, and other community based professionals to promote student learning and well-being
- Coordinating school-wide prevention efforts
- Creating a safe and positive school climate for all students
- Supporting the placement and transition of new students
- Supporting students with social, emotion and behavioral needs
The Hardwick Elementary School counseling program aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model for Comprehensive School Counseling